Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore is going to conduct Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) on November 5, 2017. IISc is right now seeking applications for the KVPY from the young and talented candidates across the country. The applications were available only and the institute will start accepting the applications from July 16, 2017. The applications shall be accepted through online mode by the institute. Interested and eligible candidates who satisfy the criteria can apply for the post on or before the last date ends. The last date to submit online application forms is 23rd August 2017. There is approximately month time to submit the applications online. Candidates are advised use the opportunity and apply for KVPY through the official website of the institute before the dead end date.
IISc Bangalore will offer fellowships to those candidates who qualify in aptitude test and interview of KVPY. Candidates need to fulfill eligibility criteria of KVPY 2016 to apply for the fellowships in first place. So, candidates are advised to first check out the notification released by the authority before applying for the KVPY 2017. Candidates need to get ready to apply for the KVPY this year which will start this month of 16th. Through KVPY fellowship exam, candidates who pursue their studies in Basic Sciences till pre-Ph.D. level will be provided with a monthly stipend. Candidates can check out the details like application form, important dates, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and selection process in our page.
KVPY Application Form 2017 @ kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
IISc is going to conduct KVPY exam in the month of November this year. The exam was scheduled to be held on 5th November 2017. Candidates interested to get the stipend can apply for the KVPY this year through online mode before the last date. Before applying, candidates need to make sure to go through the notification released by the institute. The notification is available for download in PDF format in the official website of the authority. Candidates after applying will get admit cards in the month of October. The result of the exam will be out in the first week of December as per the tentative dates. The application forms will be made available in the authoritative website of the authority for download. Candidates need to fill in the form with appropriate details and submit them online before the last date.
Candidates while submitting the application form need to pay the application fee. The application processing fee is Rs. 1000 for generate category candidates. It is Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates. Candidates need to pay the application fee through credit card/debit card/net banking or challan. Candidates need to check out the eligibility criteria like educational qualification and other details before applying for KVPY 2017. Candidates can get the same details from our page below. We have covered all the particulars in our page briefly for you.
KVPY 2017 Important Exam Dates
- Starting date to submit online application forms is: 16th July 2017
- Last date to submit online application forms is: 23rd August 2017
- Admit card release date: first week of October 2017
- Date of exam: 5th November 2017
- Date of results release: First week of December 2017
Eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2017
The eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2017 is as below:
- Candidates applying for KVPY should be Indian Citizen.
- For Stream SA, Candidates have to complete their 10th class with Science & Mathematics subjects. They have to secure at least 80% marks (70% marks for SC/ST/PwD) aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For Stream SX, Candidates have to pass 10th class with minimum 80% marks (70% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Mathematics & Science subjects. Candidates also have to qualify the 10+2 examination with Science subjects & secure at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD category) in aggregate.
- For Stream SB, Candidates have to complete their 10+2 examination & obtain minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Science Subjects. Candidates also have to pass their 1styear final examination & secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
KVPY Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for KVPY exam need to be aware of the exam pattern followed by the institute in first place. IISc follows certain exam pattern while conducting the exam. Candidates need to know the exam pattern before kickstarting the preparation for the exam.
- The exam will be organized either in online or offline mode.
- The duration of the exam is for three hours.
- The paper will be given in English and Hindi languages.
- The paper contains multiple choice questions.
- The paper is divided into two parts i.e., Part I and Part II.
- The question paper will be conducted for 100 marks.
- The subjects include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Part I consists of 15 questions each question carries one mark, where part II consists of 5 questions and each question carries two marks.
The syllabus for KVPY consists of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. The syllabus is available for download in the official website of the authority. The syllabus include topics from Class 10th/11th/12th/1st year of B. Sc/B. Stat./BS/B. Math./Int.M.Sc/MS.
KVPY 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure will be done by the institute itself. Candidates qualified in the written exam will be asked to appear for interview. Candidates will be shortlisted purely based on their merit in the written exam. So, candidates need to perform their best in the written exam to get shortlisted for the next round i.e., interview. Candidates need to appear for aptitude test and interview to get the job. Candidates will be called for the interview and depending on their performance in the interview, they will be given the stipend.
Documents Required for KVPY
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number.
- Scanned Photograph, Signature & Caste Certificate (If applicable) in a JPEG Format.
- The size of Photograph (less than 500 KB) and Signature (less than 200 KB).
- Qualification Details.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
Candidates who are looking for stipend from IISc are advised to apply for KVPY on or before the last date. Candidates need to prepare very well for the written exam following the syllabus and exam pattern issued by the authority.
Official site to get more information on KVPY